An Expedition to The Victoria Falls


The Victoria  Falls also known as Mosi-oa-Tunya meaning "The Smoke That Thunders" is the world's largest waterfall in the world. It is located on the Zambezi River, the fourth largest river of Africa defining the borders of Zimbabwe and Zambia.
It is one of the greatest attractions in this world and the spectacular view of the falls felt like heaven to me.
In my last summer vacation, I decided to take an excursion to the wonderful Victoria Falls. Starting my journey from Delhi. I took a flight from Delhi to Harare, Zimbabwe with a stop at Dubai and from Harare took a flight to the Victoria Falls.
I reached the hotel at night, due to 3 round the clock flights all I was able to see is my bed. Next Morning, I got ready and had Pancakes and Cappuccino for my breakfast and left for the falls. Reaching there I was able to hear the water falling, the weather was pleasant and only one thing came to my mind that it is going to be amazing. There were shops where you can buy caps, t-shirts and other apparel with Victoria fall has written on it for your memories. And also I had to rent a raincoat because of the rain which cost me around 10$. 
Then I bought a ticket for the Victoria falls for $30. After the entrance gate, there was a amazing museum that illustrated the Victoria Falls. So crossing the museum I headed towards the falls. The view there was astonishing and it was a rain forest through which I had to walk and to my left was the beautiful Victoria Falls. The splash and mist of the falls can be seen from far away that seemed like a rain shower. The weather was breezy and the water droplets falling on the leaves felt like a crystal shower from the sky.
 Passing through the forest, reaching the 'Best View Point' from actually I got wet as the splashing was at its peak level and the view was astounding.

I remember that at times it was very difficult to take a photograph because of the water which was continuously splashing over me. So I asked a stranger to take it. Walking through the rainforest there were many other points which I encountered like the  'Devils Cataract ',' Livingstone Island' and 'The Danger Point' which all provided many beautiful views of the falls.

And the most important thing is that at every point I was able to see a rainbow rising above heaven. After visiting the danger point I went to have a look at the falls from the above.
                                        

The view from the top was surprisingly beautiful than it was before and I was able to see the whole Victoria falls including the Zambezi river coming from Zambia.

My Experience
It was a great experience visiting The Victoria Falls. The loud Noise of the falling water was significant to listen to. The museum at the entrance showing you the history of the falls and the bridge were astounding. Crossing the dark rain forest and felling the spray of the falls upon you just made my trip a memorable one.
Visiting different points to see the beauty of the falls from different angles makes you happier and the rainbow penetrating through the falling water just seems unrealistic, but its there.
At last the helicopter was so amazing, I was able to see the whole Zambezi river growling and coming to an end and falling as The Great Victoria Falls.

Happy Wandering 🙂







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts